The time has come for God to separate the wheat from the chaff, but here is the catch.
Matthew 3:12 – Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.
Many do not realize they are chaff.
Revelation 3:15-16 – I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
In these verses two types of chaff are identified. The cold and the lukewarm.
The cold is obvious and simple to understand, those that deny God out right, but it is the lukewarm that are in for a shock. It is these that think they are one with God yet live their lives within and of the world. It is these that will have the hardest time when they realize they have turned their backs upon God.
2 Peter 2:20 – For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
It is the lukewarm that I have been tasked by God to reach, to get them to listen. To give them a chance to once again know that God loves them and wishes for them to be welcomed and embraced by Jesus, Christ our Savior.
In John 15: 5-6 Jesus makes it clear that those that follow Him can falter and fall. This is re-emphasized in 2 Peter. It makes it clear that the lukewarm knew God, but they loved the world more and so turned their back upon Him living in hypocrisy. Acting like they were of God but in reality lived within the world. Causing those that might have turned to God or turned to God sooner to question Christianity.
It is the lukewarm that are a curse upon Christianity which is why Christ in His Glorified form says He will spit them from Him. They are that much of an abhorrence to Him and His Father.
You cannot live to be a friend to the world and to God. It is one or the other. It is Black and white not grey. There is no middle ground. It is stand with God and call a sin a sin and tell those that live in sin that they should seek out Christ or you are a hypocrite, a grey, a lukewarm.
No human being is perfect, and I know fully well that myself, but we must place God first. This means we must follow the 12 commandments:
1) Place God first in all you do and how you think and live and love Him with all your heart. If God cannot see it you shall not do it and this means every single day of the week not just Sunday or Saturday.
2) Love they neighbor, which is everyone other than yourself, as you yourself would want to be treated. Simple I would want someone to tell me I am sinning, but it also means that if I would not treat myself badly why would I do that exact some badness to someone else.
3) God is the Lord your God
4) You shall have no other gods which includes sporting teams, celebrities, and money and material objects.
5) You shall not worship any graven images or likenesses
6) You shall not use the Lord’s name in vain – which includes “God” or “Jesus”
7) Remember and honor the Sabbath day which means if you don’t need to work on this day don’t and also go to church.
8) Honor your father and mother
9) You shall not murder, which includes abortions or euthanasia
10) You shall not steal, this means not only take from someone’s house, but take something from them without their consent or through lies
11) You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor, again this is anyone and means you do not lie period
12) You shall not covet after something that does not belong to you nor are you able to acquire.
When placing God first it also means to follow His teachings. The entire Bible is meant to be read and followed. If it is called a sin within the Bible, then that is exactly what it is. If God says to stop sinning then you are to stop sinning.
Can you do this alone? No, you can only do this through accepting Jesus as your Savior and seeking out those that are truly likeminded.
Remember accepting any sin is living in and of the world and so you are seen as the enemy of God if you support it.