Since you are now MY new REPRESENTATIVE. I wish to introduce myself. Why did I capitalize “my” and “representative?”
Because, that is what you have chosen to be. Your views are now officially dead. You have pledged yourself to vote for what is best for those you now are the focal point for in the congress of this nation. You do not represent the northern part of this state, but the entire state.
I saw the vote. Yes, you did receive 55.5%, but there is still the other 44.5% that you still must equally represent. For it is nearly half of all those that voted.
I am one of this minority. For in my view your party does not represent my values in anyway shape or form.
I believe ALL are equal from the point of conception till they leave their body at the end of their life in this temporal plain of existence. No matter their race or personal lifestyle choices, which includes religion or the lack there of.
That means I see abortion as murder and a same sex relationship lifestyle choice as misguided and misinformed nurturing, but that is their choice, as is mine not to agree with it. This however does not make me and those like me wrong, nor does it make those that oppose my viewpoint right. This does not mean that the federal government has a say so in the matter either. This though is the dilemma you have chosen to take on.
It is your job to weight all the views of those you have decided to represent, not govern, but act for. Not just the 55% of those that voted for you, but the entire 100%.
If a law is passed that shows bias to either side it should be changed to be equal to all. For over sixty years the trend has been against those view and beliefs that I and many like me hold sacred.
The constitution is not something to be manipulated or interpreted, not even by the Supreme Court. Technically two Justices should be impeached. For the constitution states that as long as those in the office maintain “good behavior” (Article III Section 1) they can remain in office. At this time Justice Ginsburg and Justice Sotomayor have publicly displayed BAD behavior and should be removed from office. Only someone that will follow the constitution should ever be a Justice. These rulings that have violated the constitution, but were allowed by the SCOTUS should be revisited and looked at in this light ONLY. Once looked at in this light, things like abortion and the recent marriage issue would go back to the states as they were originally being addressed.
“The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.” 10th amendment.
Now I do realize that some states were allowing these actions, while other states were not, but that is the point. Yes we are one nation, but we are also fifty states. This again goes back to my previous topic with you about whom you represent. 45% do not agree with your party, which does not mean you can impose your party’s views and values upon this group. This is a clear violation of the constitution, and the bill of right.
“We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.” Preamble of the Constitution
To “promote the general welfare,” is to allow ALL the ability to live as they see fit. It does not say that this group will live better than that group. It means all groups will receive equal representation is all that matters. That is why I have no issue with those that do not think as I do. Yet, especially in the last eight years, my way of thinking and living has come under attack. Lawsuits because someone does not wish to make a cake and forcing someone to make something that hurts them if not physically, spiritually is not general welfare but selective misery. Christianity is now the most persecuted religion in the world. Is this the “blessing of liberty” the founding fathers spoke of? I think not. Yet this is what is being promoted by your party. The systematic destruction of my lifestyle choice.
You have chosen to be the representative of all your constituents, and now you are there to be that in congress. Are you up to being a true representative or are you there for the 55% and what your party tells you to do and vote? It is time for you to decide or to let me know now that my viewpoint means nothing to you. If it is the latter I will do my best to have your term in the congress be as short as possible, so enjoy your two years there if that is the case.